[kubuntu-devel] dropping kscd & kaudiocreator

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Thu Feb 2 15:48:20 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Thursday 02 February 2006 15:57, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 02:20:03PM +0100, Javier wrote:
> > Maybe I'm wrong but, if audio cd's can be ripped with konqueror & k3b
> > and audio cd's can be player with amarok, why not dropping kscd &
> > kaudiocreator? It would avoid duplication.
>
> Both interesting suggestions.  I always use Konqueror for CD ripping
> and kscd for playing, presumably because that's what I've done with
> KDE 2.0 and 1.0 respecively.  Would be interesting to know what other
> use for these tasks.  My hunch is that kaudiocreator and kscd are the
> most user friendly in either case.

Well, I use amarok only for playing digital music files :) not CDs. Well, I
think it's the problem when I'm using Gnome (sometimes) and I have amarok
installed. By default, amarok doesn't play CD audio, only with kio-cd foo
installed, which brings in more kde deps as wanted sometimes (GNOMEish to
say).

Even with KDE i don't use amarok as cdplayer.

Regards,

\sh

PS: Yes, I agree with Jonathan, that I'm used to kscd since kde1