system:/ kio question

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Thu Apr 20 18:45:34 BST 2006

Hello,

I reported a few imo important issues with the system:/ kio slave, especially
system:/home that's (at least for me) used for all browsing with System
Menu -> Home Folder.

Maybe Jonathan or somebody on the dev team can respond to this, so I know how
to handle this:

Is system:/home a temporary problem or is it planned to have system:/home
instead of a link to /home/username/ for normal file system browsing in the
final?

If the answer is 'yes' I would look through all the problems I have
encountered again, verify they are still present and re-producable on other
machines and then report them seperatedly in launchpad.
Though I strongly disagree with the whole concept of system:/home personally
I'd still wish for dapper to be as stable and elegant as possible, even if
this kio slave will remain default, thus reporting bugs as specific as
possible, so they might be fixed in time.

If the answer is 'no' I'll spare myself and those verifying bug reports the
troubles.

Regards,

Chris