Kubuntu dapper-flight-6+ feedback

Hervé Fache Herve at lucidia.net
Sun Apr 16 15:12:43 BST 2006

I think you'll find, but I might be wrong, that Konqueror DOES handle
resume... when possible. It creates a filename.part file which keeps
the status of the downloaded file. I believe it used to resume
downloads from FTP sites for me...

2006/4/15, Christoph Wiesen <chris at deadhand.com>:
> default browser (konqueror) won't resume downloads
> It's not possible to resume downloads in Kubuntu. Downloading a file with
> Konqueror opens a file copy dialog, as it would when copying a file locally,
> instead of a download manager that allows to pause and resume a download.
> This is solved by installing kget, running it once and telling it to integrate
> into konqueror. It's just not installed by default and users might not even
> know about kget.

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?