Kubuntu on Rosetta

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Wed Apr 12 07:52:04 BST 2006

I am wondering about the way Kubuntu GUI translation is going to be
handled via Rosetta.

I see some KDE Lithuanian translation files for dapper were imported on
2006-04-04/5. https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+lang/lt

Some files were not imported correctly; e.g., konqueror.po is shown as
not translated at all, while it is fully translated; see:
http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable/lt/kdebase/index.php

The same is true for kfontinst.po (not for joystick.po). I also don't
see a lot of files there that I assume should be there, like
kaffeine.po, amarok.po that install with the kubuntu install cd.

So, could someone clarify how those translations are to be handled? Here
are a bunch of questions:

1. Will all of KDE available on Ubuntu repositories be landed in
Rosetta, or just the main/install cd part?
2. Will programs like kaffeine and amarok, that are released on their
own schedule and whose translations are handled in KDE repositories, be
made available on Rosetta?
3. Will the translation files of KDE programs like Krusader and
KMyMoney, that are not in KDE source tree, be made available in Rosetta?
4. Should I, upon improving some translation upstream, take care of
importing it to Rosetta, or will it be done automatically before the
release?
5. What about Rosetta to upstream contributions? Should those be
performed manually?

Answers to those questions would clarify the place of Rosetta for me and
others perhaps.

Donatas Glodenis
KDE Lithuanian team coordinator