Martin Ammermüller martin.ammermueller at bnro.de
Thu Nov 17 10:10:16 CST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2005 16:54 schrieb Jonathan Jesse:
> On Thursday 17 November 2005 10:50, Martin Ammermüller wrote:
> > Additionally, i think Kontact should also go. The Kontact UI and
> > concept is IMHO irritating. The "one task, one application"
> > directive is IMHO better than to supply one mega-application for
> > everything.
>
> What would you use instead of Kontact?  I was once an Evolution user
> and have switched to Kontact and enjoy it much better.  Only thing
> Kontact is lacking is Exchange integration (but the integration in
> Evolution sucks in my opinion).

Kontact is just a framwork around the solitary applications kmail,
knode, akregator, kaddressbook ... So i would just use the applications
without the Kontact framework. Kontact also wasn't really stable on my
machine in KDE 3.4.3 and when Kontact or an included part crashed,
Kontact with all its included parts was closed.

I think it's easier for newcomers to start each application from the KDE
menu independently than to realize that they have to change the used
components in Kontact to use applications like knode or akregator
(which are neither activated by default in Kontact nor visible in the
KDE menu).

best regards,
Martin Ammermüller