media:/ shows unnecessary media

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev_jsv at
Fri May 27 14:40:44 CDT 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 6:04 pm, Rajeev J Sebastian wrote:
> > If the script would rename it to .Swap (542M Media) and .Unknown (1.0K
> > Media), wouldn't the .xxx entries be hidden inside the konqueror file
> > browser?
> Ok, I tried that. and ...
> it works !!!! Excellent idea Volker Löchte and many thanks to you :)
> Rajeev J Sebastian

For those interested in this thread, see the following link:

Pmount seems to allow mounting/umounting devices without entries
in /etc/fstab.

However, after completing the steps mentioned in the wiki entry, I was not
successful in mounting any media node which did not have an entry in fstab.

Could someone else try this and report here please ?

Rajeev J Sebastian