kcontrol cups admin lock on "Administrator Mode"

Liz Young liz at kandew.com
Mon Mar 28 11:28:05 CST 2005

Hi again,

On Sun March 27 2005 08:13 pm, Jason Straight wrote:
> I get a lockup when I go to admin mode under printers in kcontrol -
> how's this working for everyone else?

I just tested on a laptop installed from a 3/22/05 daily iso, not
Warty-> Hoary upgrade, root account is disabled by default.  Admin mode
works as expected;  logged in with user passwd, added a network
printer, printed a test page.

What doesn't work is restarting CUPS from admin mode -- it stops the
server, but does not restart it.  Error is:

CUPS Restart Server:
Unable to retrieve the print list.
Error message received from manager:
Connection to CUPS server failed.  Check that
the CUPS server is correctly installed and
running.  Error:
Connection refused

So, I revert to restarting CUPS from the CL, which is what I'm used
to... but is the goal to have everything GUIfied?  I'll file a bug
report if someone can confirm.
-Liz