Introduction

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Thu Jun 30 02:11:16 CDT 2005

Hello,

I have been around Kubuntu for awhile now working on documentation, stupid me
only thought to join this list now.

There are a number of documentation efforts underway for Kubuntu. With the
help of uniq we have preview versions of these documents at
http://lnix.net/~froud

I build and upload nightly updates to this site. I hope that people will take
a look and perhaps identify parts that they would like to write. We are not
looking for Shakespears English, so even if English is not your first
language I hope you will consider contributing. English editing will be done
as we go along.

The Docbook XML sources for these documents is all in
https://docteam.ubuntu.com/repos/trunk

If you want only the KDE stuff you can checkout
https://docteam.ubuntu.com/repos/trunk/common
https://docteam.ubuntu.com/repos/trunk/libs
https://docteam.ubuntu.com/repos/trunk/kde

This will enable you to edit, patch and build all the documents except the
Installation Guide.

I would also like to extend an invitation to any developers who are currently
writing applications for Kubuntu that don't have documentation. Please feel
free to contact me so I can at least start by putting the framework in place
for people to write documentation for your applications. The documents will
be developed in the repository above. If the application moves upstream to
KDE, the documents will also move upstream.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully we can get some great documentation out for
Breezy.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author