GUI for system logs

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Fri Jun 24 14:06:36 CDT 2005

Hello everybody,

here's an idea for the next Kubuntu release. As I guess there will be some
more gui administration tools - see the thread about Guidance (though it
might have been on kubuntu-users) - I think this one would be a great
addition:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23761&forummode=2&forumpage=5&forumexplevel=0&forumthread=103025#c103025

Screenshot:
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/preview.php?preview=2&id=23761&file1=23761-1.png&file2=23761-2.png&file3=23761-3.png&name=KSystemLog

The program is called KSystemLog and - as you might have guessed - it displays
various system logs n a very comfortable and clean manner.

There already is a hoary package available, so having a look won't take a lot
of time.

I linked directly to some comments because there is one small irritation in
Kubuntu - basically the packager (nor me) doesn't find where the acpi and
cron logs are in Kubuntu. Should be simple to fix this though.

Kind regards,

Christoph