Problems including Xrandr.h

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Tue Jul 12 06:43:06 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to get guidance [0] running on breezy, but I'm experiencing
problems compiling a tool we're using to switch resolutions in X. It
uses XRandR.

gcc seems to have problems finding Xrandr.h. I have it installed from
the dev packages, and it actually sits
in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/Xrandr.h

However, I seem to need to add -I/usr/X11R6/include to the gcc
parameters, otherwise gcc can't find this header.

The source file includes the following:

#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h>
#include <X11/extensions/Xrandr.h>

The strange thing is that only Xrandr.h seem to not be found.

All that works fine with hoary although the location of said header has
not changed in the meantime.

Could anyone enlighten me with this, either by explaining it or
suggesting what I'm doing wrong?

[0] http://www.simonzone.com/software/guidance/

Thanks,
--