Default font size

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Thu Jul 7 09:15:25 CDT 2005

Measuring the actual size is a good point. This is why I feel they are way
too big. The font size on-screen coul be compared to the font size in a book.
While I don't want to throw around with numbers I'd compare the font of let's
say Windows or Mac OS X with the font size of a normal book (taking the varied
distance to the medium into consideration). While Ubuntu ans some other Linux
distributions have a slightly larger font size, Kubuntu comes with
considerably
larger fonts, which may not be comfortable anymore - it's a bit like one of
those children's books that comes with extra large letters to help young
people
who just start reading.

My comment's refer mostly to 17" at 1280x1024, which I use myself if the size
is
the same (real world, ruler measured) on 15" 1024x768 the same issues apply -
only that they aren'T even larger like my previous comment might have
suggested.

But since this is a highly subjective matter and my comments are only based on
my experience and that of a few users I gave Kubuntu too I don't think I speak
for everybody here.

So, I'd sitll like to hear what others consider a sensible default.

Chris