Kubuntu Documentation

Sean Wheller sean at inwords.co.za
Sat Jul 2 03:19:38 CDT 2005

Hi,

As you know by now, preview versions of Kubuntu Documents are available at
http://lnix.net/~froud

Thanks to much help from uniq and Riddell we now have a deb package there
also. I will be updating the package periodically as I do the preview builds.
Current build is 0.1-0
(http://lnix.net/~froud//deb/kubuntu-docs_0.1-0_all.deb).

For those who want to build the package locally you can do so with the
prepdeb.sh that is now located in kde/

For creating the proper directories you will be prompted to input the folder
version number. Note that this has nothing to do with the version number
obtained from the debian/Changlog. The number you pass to the script is only
used to create directories. You can also pass the folder version number to
the script ./prepdeb.sh 0.1

The script creates the appropriate folders, copies stuff and exports those
documents that need to be packaged. Then creates a deb file in
trunk/kubuntu-docs/

dpkg -i will install it for you.

The package is quite large at present. It contains images from docs that are
not shipped. I will be working on optimizing this so that only images used by
shipped documents will be packaged. Fortunately we reuse images from a common
folder so we don't need duplicates of the files for each doc :-)

Testing and ideas welcome.

enjoy,
--
Sean Wheller