[Bug 306056] Re: Firefox doesn't close properly - gtk-qt-engine
totokid at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:27:58 UTC 2009
I followed this steps:
1) Purged official Ubuntu Intrepid package: gtk-qt-engine;
2) Tested opening and closing browsers: Firefox, Swiftweasel and Songbird quit successfully and no "already running but not responding" is shown on reopening. This meand It SURE is a gtk-qt-engine bug, since all is fine when it's not installed;
3) Installed gtk-qt-engine-kde4 from Debian Experimental Repository which is a snapshot of the 145th revision that *fixes* this bug with Iceweasel 3 (the package Kalinda was talking about);
4) Tested opening and closing browsers: Firefox quits normally and no error message is shown when reopening, but Songbird and Swiftweasel (the browser I'm running all the time) keep on showing the "already running but not responding" dialog.
5) Purged gtk-qt-engine-kde4 (the one I took from Debian experimental repo);
6) Tested browsers: all OK.
7) Installed gtk-qt-engine Ubuntu package again;
8) Firefox quits normally and no dialog is shown on reopening. Swiftweasel still shows that annoying dialog and I have to "pgrep wea |xargs kill -9" everytime I close it.
Firefox doesn't close properly - gtk-qt-engine
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk-qt-engine in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs