[Bug 114503] [feisty] language-support-* packages install firefox/thunderbird on kubuntu
oak at helsinkinet.fi
Sun May 13 20:59:47 UTC 2007
You have been subscribed to a public bug:
- Kubuntu: Feisty Fawn, 7.04
- Install Kubuntu from live-CD with default options
- Once overything is installed, use add/remove packages and install language-support, e.g. for "fi"
- Packages related to support of that language are installed
- Also Firefox and Thunderbird are installed, which are not part of Kubuntu, nor something I need (because they are very large)
Could the language selection be a bit less dumb and actually check what things are needed?
Or maybe the support could be a bit more finegrained so that large language packs like Firefox & Thunderbird etc can be selected separately when installing languages?
(Maybe similarly how Windows installers by default have all components selected but user can leave out some of them)
(This is somewhat related edgy bug 64200)
** Affects: kubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)
[feisty] language-support-* packages install firefox/thunderbird on kubuntu
More information about the kubuntu-bugs