[SRU Request] bonding: arp monitoring is failing with tuntap interfaces

Nicolas Dichtel nicolas.dichtel at 6wind.com
Fri Nov 19 17:17:09 UTC 2021

Le 19/11/2021 à 16:50, Krzysztof Kozlowski a écrit :
> On 19/11/2021 16:19, Nicolas Dichtel wrote:
>> Hi Ubuntu kernel team,
>>
>> please, could you consider to backport, up to bionic, the linux upstream commit
>> a31d27fbed5d ("tun: fix bonding active backup with arp monitoring"):
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=a31d27fbed5d
>>
>> It will be included in v5.16.
>>
>> Here is the launchpad entry:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1951606
>
> Hi Nicolas,
Hi Krzysztof,

> Thanks for your request. However I wonder why this patch in the upstream
> is not marked as cc-stable or with Fixes tag? Similarly to your previous
> requests - none of them are correctly marked.
For the Fixes tag, it's before git ages, so I didn't put anything.
Maybe "Fixes: 1da177e4c3f4 ("Linux-2.6.12-rc2")" would have been a better choice.

> Following Linux kernel stable process allows entire community and all
> users to benefit from stable backports. It's also straightforward and
> effortless for downstream users. Therefore the patch, when submitted
> upstream, should have a CC-stable tag with optional Fixes tag.
For a long time, DaveM was handling itself the stable submissions. It's not the
case anymore, my bad.

Anyway, I will ask upstream for a backport to stable trees.

Regards,
Nicolas