CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED

Colin Ian King colin.king at canonical.com
Tue Jul 27 21:43:57 UTC 2021

On 27/07/2021 19:57, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with this config option ?

I did some analysis a while ago (31st March 2020) and Cc'd Francis and
Seth on the results. Here is what I wrote:

"I ran some synthetic stress-ng throughput and latency tests with and
without CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED on CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED.  I don't see
enough variation in the throughput or latency to warrant any concern
about enabling this option.  We have quite a bit of small jitter on the
results, but overall the kernel results are similar enough to make me
feel OK to enable this option for Focal.

Attached is a LibreOffice spread sheet with my results.  I didn't run
the LKP tests as these take ~15 hours per run to complete and I don't
think it will give us much more useful information."

See attachment.

Colin