question about one of your ubuntu patch

David Lee saynice111 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 22:40:52 UTC 2020

Hi Juerg,

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful to me.

We monitor the two closest upstream LTS kernels, 4.14 and 4.19 in this case.
And we periodically pull in commits from those two stable kernels into
bionic
4.15.

It seems that the task of tracking upstream is finished by one
person, Kamal Mostafa. Do you have some automatic tool or script
to help it faster?
Also, there is the webpage like this
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1889474 to say ubuntu
will port commits
from v4.14.190, v4.19.135. But there are some commits which are in these
two versions but not in the list of webpage.
Why these commits are filtered? Only because they do not have corresponding
backporting? Are these any rules to filter commits
from upstream?

Thanks