Kernel images landing unsinged in PPA

Seth Forshee seth.forshee at canonical.com
Tue May 8 14:33:35 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 01, 2018 at 07:27:53PM +0530, Bhaskar Chowdhury wrote:
> I meant unsigned images.

Are you asking about the linux-image-unsigned packages? That's the
result of some packaging changes that went into 18.04 so that a single
signed kernel is installed by the linux-image package, rather than an
unsigned kernel by linux-image and a signed kernel by
linux-signed-image. The linux-image-unsigned package servers two
purposes -- it is an intermediate build for ultimately producing the
linux-image package with the signed kernel, and it gives us something to
install when building test kernels.

If that's not what you were asking about, please clarify what it is you
want to know.

Thanks,
Seth