3.17rc1-3

Patryk Małek malekpatryk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 19:28:36 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I've just signed up here so please don't bite.
When I wanted to download kernel 3.17rc3 from
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.17-rc3-utopic/ I realised
that all files in 3.17-rc1 and 3.17-rc2 directories have been modified on
02.09.2014 while kernel 3.17-rc1 was released on 16.08.2014 and rc2 on
25.08.2014.
I even have those versions (dpkg pacakges from kernel.ubuntu.com)
downloaded with aforementioned timestamps.

What was the reason for rebuilding the packages and wasn't it against the
convention that you don't patch and replace the 'released' version (it's rc
so not so official).

--

regards,
Patryk Małek