[config-review] VIRTIO_SCSI

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Thu May 31 14:26:09 UTC 2012

Looking at this option I gathered the following info:

- it is new with 3.4 and adds a guest side driver for a virtual host
  bus adapter.
- it is flagged experimental
- to be of use it would require qemu/kvm support (-device options)
  which currently does not seem to be present. libvirt seems to
  have code to make use of the feature but that will not work until
  qemu is ready.

So at the moment it feels like it should be turned off, except if we want to be
ready in case qemu in quantal suddenly gets the feature. The risk for =m would
likely be low as the driver looks for a special pci subid which would not be
present.

-Stefan