compat wireless package

Dechesne, Nicolas n-dechesne at ti.com
Wed Jul 6 11:44:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com>wrote:

> Nicolas - You should get it for free when we create the compat-wireless
> package based on 3.0 and package it in the linux-backports-modules-2.6.X for
> each release. The one thing we'll have to start doing is to build LBM for
> armel, something not currently done.

tim, thanks for your answer. any idea when this package is going to show up?

also i am not sure i fully understand exactly what ubuntu is doing with LBM
and compat-wireless. it seems that the compat-wireless packages are
available for lucid (
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-backports-modules-2.6.32), but
not for maverick (
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-backports-modules-2.6.35) and not
for natty. i would expect that it would be consistent, so I might not be
looking at the right place. is there any wiki/blueprint that describes how
you handle this?

in the very short term, i would like to quickly package compat-wireless for
a 10.10 OMAP based project, so is there any source package that you would
recommend us to start with?

and yes, that would be nice if you could create LBM for arm ;-)

thx!