LIRC 0.8.7 Fixes for Maverick

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 15:56:31 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:00:29AM -0700, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 09:22 -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> > On 08/23/2010 08:31 AM, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> > > Adding Jarod Wilson.

> As Tim mentioned, I'm also mostly ok with this since it's dropping an
> ubuntu/ driver we've been having to maintain separately in favor of
> pulling what's upstream.  I just wanted to do a quick review (which I
> plan to do today) of some of the changes that might have a more wide
> spread affect, eg:
>
>  drivers/input/evdev.c                              |   39 +
>  drivers/input/input.c                              |  268 ++-
>  drivers/media/*

Note that the evdev and input changes were done in a way that *should* be
100% backwards-compatible with all existing drivers. There were a few
bugs shaken out of the {g,s}etkeycodebig bits via linux-next, but no
problems reported since, that I'm aware of. The rest of the changes under
drivers/media/* just convert a bit of already-in-tree code over to using
ir-core, should also be fairly innocuous -- these ports were done and
tested by Mauro.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com