[Fwd: Problem with ubuntu/aufs/vfsub.c]

Julien Bonjean julien.bonjean at savoirfairelinux.com
Mon Oct 20 13:54:08 UTC 2008

Amit Kucheria wrote:
> 2008/10/20 Julien Bonjean <julien.bonjean at savoirfairelinux.com>:

>>> How are you compiling aufs? As part of the standard Ubuntu kernel? Or
>>> separately? Those errors might point to missing Apparmor adaption.
>>>
>>> /Amit
>>>

>> I am compiling aufs as part of the ubuntu kernel.
>>

> You will have to give more details about how you compile, what is your
> build environment etc. since the normal Ubuntu kernel builds are not
> experience these errors.

Ok no problem :
Ubuntu Hardy - 2.6.24-21-generic
gcc (GCC) 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)

grep -i aufs .config :
CONFIG_AUFS=y
CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_127=y
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_511 is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_1023 is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_BRANCH_MAX_32767 is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_STAT is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_HINOTIFY is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_EXPORT is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_ROBR is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_DLGT is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_SHWH is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_RR_SQUASHFS is not set
# SECURITY and AUFS_SEC_PERM_PATCH are disabled
# CONFIG_AUFS_SPLICE_PATCH is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_LHASH_PATCH is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_BR_NFS is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_COMPAT is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_UNIONFS22_PATCH is not set
# CONFIG_AUFS_UNIONFS23_PATCH is not set

For compilation, I simply do a 'make'. Another point is that I don't use
modules, everything is built-in.
I didn't apply any patch.
Another point is that I successfully patched and compiled 2.6.27.1
official kernel with aufs support.
Do you need more information ?

Julien