[RFC] X Display Failures in Suspend and Resume

Jim Lieb jim.lieb at canonical.com
Fri Nov 7 21:47:48 UTC 2008

Pete asked me to look into the suspend/resume failures and report back on what
is going on to cause X to fail on some notebook/laptop machines.  The attached
pdf is a relatively final draft of the report including a proposal for fixing
the problem.

The primary document is an ODT doc that I am currently maintaining.  If you
want to comment via changes to that doc, let me know and I can send a
copy along.

Please comment as the proposal touches multiple packages beyond the kernel
and suspend/resume issues are high on the list for notebook ports.

Jim
--
Jim Lieb <lieb at canonical.com>
Ubuntu Kernel Team