iwl4965 panic -- tracking it down

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Dec 26 22:21:19 UTC 2007

Stefan Skotte <sfs at enhance-it.dk> writes:

> I have the exact same machine (core 2 @ 2.2ghz / 4gb mem), and have
> not seen any kernel panics. I'm too running x64, using networkmanager
> and wireless (though only a/b/g, not n.):

I have not actually /connected/ to anything; this seems to be happy to
panic without anything more than NetworkManager talking to it. :/

> Linux sfs-laptop 2.6.24-2-generic #1 SMP Thu Dec 20 17:58:55 GMT 2007 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
> Have you tried a recent bios update?

Yes.  I am running with the latest BIOS.  The only BIOS related note is
that I have not set 'acpi_osi=Linux', since I don't yet have reason to
believe it will be better than the upstream default.

> I would be happy to help tracking this one down, so leave me a note if
> there's something I can test.

Well, my core interest is knowing the best / most recommended way to
capture the panic on a machine that is fairly poorly supplied with
diagnostic tools.

If I can capture the point of failure tracking down the cause should be
easier, at least, than it currently is.

Any suggestions in that regard would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
        Daniel

--
Daniel Pittman <daniel at cybersource.com.au>           Phone: 03 9428 6922