A petition from all K8WE users

Anibal Morales anibalmorales at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 04:32:37 UTC 2006

To the good kernel team:

First, thank you for your effort.

Now the petition:
Before next kernel release for 6.10 AMD64 (or others), please make sure that
the kernel will detect a K8WE with dual graphic cards in SLI. Right now
with the 2.6.17 relase in 6.10 if you do a 'lspci' the second card is not
found. As I understand, this is an issue with a "segmented" PCI bus.
Disabling
ACPI will not work because then SLI mode will not work.

My own personal setup that reproduces this problem is: HPxw9300 (k8we s2895)
dual opteron 280, dual nvidia fx4500 in SLI. Problem also exists with all
kernels
released for 6.06.

Thank you