Enabled 3G in new kernel?

Ben Collins bcollins at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 11 15:51:03 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 05:03 +0100, Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias wrote:
> If it's intended it should be documented in README.Debian or some
> prominent place, as it breaks too many setups.
>
> It's not too much burden to recompile a new kernel if you need more
> than 1Gb space, but if it's not documented some people can get crazy
> debugging until they realize about the change.

The main reason I was looking into this was because of 1GB laptops
needing sleep/suspend support (which doesn't work when someone has >
768MB of memory).

I can disable it, but my assumption was that the current default that I
had setup was no different than the original system. However, checking
the values, it seems I was wrong. I'll revert this back to the default.
I may retest this with 2GB to see if wine still works.

--
Ben Collins
Kernel Developer - Ubuntu Linux