Enabled 3G in new kernel?

Emilio Jesús Gallego Arias egallego at babel.ls.fi.upm.es
Sat Feb 11 04:03:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu writes:
> Actually, no, the v9fs config change is at:
> http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/bcollins/ubuntu-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ec421b617854bb0ac8b5c7fb9ba9cd92d3d4cc00
> (see the 'diff' link for the various arches towards the bottom of the
> page).
>
> The 3G config change is at:
> http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/bcollins/ubuntu-2.6.git;a=commit;h=9699b892f9728215da351dbf385e6e677bc0ad50 .

Yes, you are right, I just don't understand this git thing enough :)

> After reading the commit logs (and git log on my local tree), I'm not
> sure why 3G was enabled. I presume this was unintentional?

If it's intended it should be documented in README.Debian or some
prominent place, as it breaks too many setups.

It's not too much burden to recompile a new kernel if you need more
than 1Gb space, but if it's not documented some people can get crazy
debugging until they realize about the change.

Regards,

Emilio