Aggregate all bundle.yaml | API endpoint

Merlijn Sebrechts merlijn.sebrechts at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:22:56 UTC 2018

Hi Ilias

Great to hear you're doing cool stuff with Juju! I recently asked a similar
question for a paper I've written for CLOUD 2018
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/juju/2018-January/009845.html. If you
want, I can send it to you in private (it's accepted but not published yet).

Here is the documentation for the charm store api:
https://github.com/juju/charmstore/blob/v5-unstable/docs/API.md

   - download the entire zip for a bundle:
   https://api.jujucharms.com/charmstore/v5/bundle/<bundle-name>/archive
   - download a specific file of a bundle:
   https://api.jujucharms.com/charmstore/v5/bundle/<bundle-name>/archive/bundle.yaml

Here is an Jupyter notebook I use to get metrics of charm and layer usage:
https://github.com/IBCNServices/reactive-pattern-results/blob/master/reactive-usage-stats.ipynb.
It should be easy to modify that code to pull info about the bundles. As an
example; this is the URL to get all bundles in the Juju store:
https://api.jujucharms.com/charmstore/v5/list?type=bundle

Cleaning up the data will be the hard part probably, since there are a lot
of unused/broken bundles in the store. I've used the downloads/month metric
to figure out what charms are actually still used.