Crashdump plugin

Louis Bouchard louis.bouchard at canonical.com
Fri Nov 4 06:10:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

Le 04/11/2016 à 03:43, Adam Stokes a écrit :
> Nice, one thing you could do is tie this in with sosreport and just run that
> against the machines. It already has support for juju, lxd, openstack, etc.
>
> https://github.com/sosreport/sos
>
> And a list of all the plugins we support are here:
> https://github.com/sosreport/sos/tree/master/sos/plugins
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM Gregory Lutostanski
> <gregory.lutostanski at canonical.com <mailto:gregory.lutostanski at canonical.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hey everybody...
>
>     I cobbled together a new juju plugin "crashdump" and thought some of you
>     might find it useful. I also took a stab at getting some packaging together
>     for https://github.com/juju/plugins
>
>     I use "juju crashdump" to get quick tarballs of broken deploys when in a bad
>     state so I or someone else can check over them later without having to
>     interactively poke the machines... Right now it should by default include
>     all/most of the interesting logs for an OpenStack deployment, but I am very
>     interested in making sure it works for any usecase...
>
>     Anywho, it works with both the deb and snap version of juju (although in the
>     later case you should invoke it with juju-crashdump till I get this all
>     snapped up...)
>
>     Give 'er a whirl:
>     $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lutostag/juju-plugins && sudo apt update &&
>     sudo apt install juju-plugins
>     $ juju-crashdump -h
>     usage: juju-crashdump [-h] [-d] [-m MODEL] [-f MAX_FILE_SIZE] [-b BUG]
>                           [extra_dir [extra_dir ...]]
>
>     positional arguments:
>       extra_dir             Extra directories to snapshot
>
>     optional arguments:
>       -h, --help            show this help message and exit
>       -d, --description     Output a short description of the plugin
>       -m MODEL, --model MODEL
>                             Model to act on
>       -f MAX_FILE_SIZE, --max-file-size MAX_FILE_SIZE
>                             The max file size (bytes) for included files
>       -b BUG, --bug BUG     Upload crashdump to the given launchpad bug #
>
>     This was just a first-pass, I know it needs a bit of polishing, but
>     absolutely let me know if any of you guys & gals find this useful/think
>     something should be added.
>
>     Thanks and have fun!
>     Greg Lutostanski
>
>     --

On the topic of information gathering, a sosreport charm is currently under
review to be included in the charm store :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1630277

There are currently two actions available : collect & cleanup. An upload action
is to be added.

Kind regards,

...Louis

--
Louis Bouchard
Software engineer, Cloud & Sustaining eng.