New feature for charmers - min-juju-version

Martin Packman martin.packman at canonical.com
Wed Mar 30 06:30:31 UTC 2016

On 23/03/2016, Ryan Beisner <ryan.beisner at canonical.com> wrote:

> To summarize:
> If we do nothing with regard to juju 1.25.x or the various tools, and if a
> relevant charm grows a series list in metadata, a load of existing
> validation and demo bundles will no longer be deployable with 1.25.x
> because `juju deploy` on 1.25.x traces when receiving a list type as a
> metadata series value.  These type of bundles often point at gh: and lp:
> charm dev/feature branches, so the charm series metadata is as it is in the
> dev charm's trunk (unmodified by the charm store).

I've landed a change on the 1.25 branch that accepts a list of series
in charm metadata and takes the first value as the default series.

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1563607>

Charm authors will still need to that that kind of multi series charm
and place it in named-series-directories under $JUJU_REPOSITORY to
deploy with 1.X but I think this is fine for your use case?

Martin