Migration of OpenStack Charm development to OpenStack git/gerrit

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 2 12:02:16 UTC 2016

Hi All

The majority of existing commiters for the openstack charms now have the
required privileges
on OpenStack's Gerrit review system to +2 review and approve changes for
final gating and landing.

Charm CI is now executing against proposed changes; please ensure that
these have completed successfully prior to approving changes for landing
(they won't block gating just yet).  This includes an amulet smoke test
right now - Ryan is working on integrating a full amulet test set into the
pipeline based on a core-reviewer +2, prior to final approval for landing.

A reverse mirror of git repositories and branches has been setup from
github -> launchpad so the existing branches under ~openstack-charmers will
be relatively current with the new git repositories.  One niggle is that
swift-proxy has a commit that bzr fast-import does not like, so the branch
has to be created in a different way to the others which means its no
longer a valid parent for any existing swift-proxy bzr branches on
launchpad.  These branches are mainly to support ingestion into the
charm-store (which will be superseded at some point in time with charm
publish) and to help smooth migration of existing bundles and tools to git
use.

All of the original charm branches can be found under the
~openstack-charmers-archive team on Launchpad if you need them for
reference:

  https://code.launchpad.net/~openstack-charmers-archive

Please don't raise merge-proposals against the bzr branches; we'll have
something in place soon-ish to auto-comment on proposed merges redirecting
people to use the new development workflow.

Regards

James