Supported LXD Providers

Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Tue Aug 23 13:45:34 UTC 2016

That looks like something interesting. :)

Yes, the engineering team is working on adapting the Fan to public clouds
as a first go at making sure containers can be routable ootb when using
Juju. We'll just recently had a sprint scoping it out and see this as the
solution to the problem your running into.

As you note, in cases where the containers can get dhcp addresses on the
same network as the hosts, it's not an issue. OpenStack (depending on
config) and MAAS work this way and aren't an issue.

At one point we had lxc container networking in AWS. I'm just bootstrapping
to verify that this is still working properly in the latest 2.0 code and if
not will file a bug that we've regressed in this.

tl;dr
containers should work with routing ootb on MAAS, OpenStack, and AWS. The
team's working on leveraging the Fan for public clouds and other
situations.