[Review Queue]

Whit Morriss whit.morriss at canonical.com
Wed Mar 11 16:27:36 UTC 2015

Testing additions for logstash-agent and squid-reverseproxy

https://code.launchpad.net/~nicopace/charms/trusty/squid-reverseproxy/all-tests/+merge/251999

https://code.launchpad.net/~nicopace/charms/trusty/logstash-agent/all-tests/+merge/251311d

Both nacked due to errors in testing.

I took the time to investigate the errors and failures and attempted to fix
the errors with logstash-agent and contacted the maintainers wrt dependency
skew issues wrt squid-reverseproxy.

I would like to state while adding tests to illuminate issues is good,
adding tests to charms who's existing tests have errors makes for more and
I believe pointless work for reviewers.  I believe if you find a bug and
want to commit a test, commit them to a personal namespace branch, not the
charmstore.

For basic stuff we can generate tests for based on charm metadata, we
should automate tests and provide them (much like we provide charm proof),
rather than adding additional burden to the review process in LOC added to
charms.

-w

--
D. Whit Morriss