nova-cloud-controller not installing nova-network

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:13:52 UTC 2014

On May 1, 2014 5:56 AM, "James Page" <james.page at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> nova-compute should be if one of the nova network options is used in
> the nova-cloud-controller charm.  I'll run this option through our lab
> again today to make sure that it is.

Thanks again for the additional info. I'd love to hear what your results
are and appreciate you looking into it.
Is there anything that need be done to specify that other than using the
flatmanager or flatdhcpmanager options?

> Note that pushing multiple charms onto the same service units without
> LXC container use is not support other than for the following charms -
> which need to not be in LXC containers:
>
>     nova-compute
>     ceph/ceph-osd
>     swift-storage
>
> This allows you to maximise storage/compute usage in deployments - but
> it won't fit everyones requirements.

That is the solution I hit on as well, and so will be exploring lxc when I
return to this project next week. For my purposes having Maas, juju, and
the control services for open stack on separate boxes is wasteful. My
deployment isn't large enough to need that much hardware in the control
layer.

> Nick, who also wrote the MAAS and Juju documentation, has been working
> on a OpenStack + Juju + MAAS guide this cycle - its in final review
> and hopefully should be out in the next couple of weeks.

Is there a way I can help with and or review the wip? I'm hoping to have
this deployment in service in a couple weeks and I'm sure the information
in the guide would be quite valuable to me, even if it's not yet perfect.

Thanks again

QH