Need Juju on cloudstack!

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Sun Mar 23 19:58:26 UTC 2014

There's probably some other work that would need to be done for cloudstack
support, ie this is trial and error on the provisioning aspect and needs
source modifications, Its not configuration.  There's also the possibility
of behavioral differences (errors, param divergence, etc) between
cloudstack and ec2.

The aws region list is used in juju-core/providers/ec2 for both endpoint
lookup and simplestreams (used to find juju binaries and images). You can
bypass the tool lookup via --upload-tools on bootstrap. The image lookup
 (to find images in your cloud that correspond to os releases) you'll need
to use the metadata plugins (docs http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6726391/)

The actual list of regions endpoints is hard-coded in
launchpad.net/goamz in aws/aws.go

Ideally the ec2 provider would allow for ec2 and s3 api endpoint urls in
provider config, and construct the region if specified.

cheers,
Kapil