Transition over to Juju 2.x (1.10.x and newer)

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 25 20:00:50 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

There has been some confusion over the past few days as to where the
Juju 1.10 series will live (which will eventually become 2.0). The
answer is it will be in -backports, and I've updated all the
corresponding webpages:

https://juju.ubuntu.com/get-started/

Backports for 12.04 and 12.10 will be coming quickly.

- We're now to the point where we are recommending Juju 1.10 and newer
as the recommended version for users. The one gotcha is for people who
need to use the local provider. The link I posted above has
instructions on how to switch alternatives back and forth between .7
and .10. Though this isn't ideal the local provider is very much on
top of the core team's radar, and we should have something relatively
soon.

- I realize there are still some feature parity issues between .7 and
1.10.x. I've sat down with Mark Ramm over the past few weeks and
coordinated bugs and features that we think are important and he has
prioritized accordingly, however ... it is _critical_ that people
start filing bugs in Juju with the things that you need fixed in order
to use it in production, so please continue to use the "production"
tag if a bug is keeping you from using Juju for real work.

With that, how are you all feeling about where we are feature parity
wise? Are there any burning issues/concerns about moving to Juju
1.10.x that you feel need more attention?

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.