Dropping instance-state in juju status for a machine

Marius Kotsbak marius at kotsbak.com
Fri Apr 12 08:12:13 UTC 2013

Den 12. april 2013 09:57, skrev Mark Shuttleworth:
> On 04/12/2013 03:50 PM, Marius Kotsbak wrote:

>>> Assuming we don't hear from anyone who depends on it, I have no
>>> objections: I'd rather skip it than fake it.
>>>
>>> The more noise is made by people who depend on this functionality,
>>> though, the faster we'll get around to reinstating it. So, anyone
>>> affected, please speak up :).
>>
>> Is this actually removing the command that I use all the time using
>> the Python version, "juju status"?
>
> I think it's one field in the output of that command ;)

Ah, okay, but if it is this one:

"instance-state: running"

it is still useful for knowing which instances are pending or down, but
of course there are a lot of other issues that might be more important.

I'm hoping that the Go version is less memory and CPU hungry than the
Python version, and that it is soon has all basic functionality.

--
Marius