Weekly charm call notes for 10 April

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 10 17:59:54 UTC 2013

# Welcome to the Charm Weekly Call!

Here are the notes from the weekly charm call. Anyone is welcome to join:

- https://juju.ubuntu.com/community/weekly-charm-meeting/

Kapil T. brought up that he's working on some AWS-specific charms and
was asking if prefixing provider-specific charms was a good idea:
http://jujucharms.com/search?search_text=aws No one objected to this
being a bad idea.

You can follow along his AWS charms by checking out recently changed:
http://jujucharms.com/recently-changed

Nick Veich (evilnick) has been working on the docs and has a sneak peek:

- https://code.launchpad.net/~evilnick/juju/juju-go-docs
- And Kapil mentioned zencoding is a nice cheating script for working
with HTML5: https://code.google.com/p/zen-coding/
- The docs blueprint is here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-1303-juju-docs

Also note that we're planning on integrating screencasts with the
documentation itself, in 5-7 minute snippets. I mentioned that Mark
Ramm pointed out the coolest script you'll read about today:

- https://github.com/rfk/playitagainsam

This allows us to "record" screencasts as replayable demos. Very cool,
and will allow us to reshare demos without worrying about fat
fingering a live talk. Antonio wanted to point out that we should also
investigate integrating the Juju content from Ask Ubuntu right into
the documentation itself:

- http://askubuntu.com/questions/tagged/juju?sort=frequent&pagesize=50

Marco wanted to share some of the work he's been doing on charm runner:

https://code.launchpad.net/~marcoceppi/charmrunner/respect-mongodb
https://code.launchpad.net/~marcoceppi/charmrunner/add-server

and lastly ... we had Aaron Bentley and Curtis Hovey from the
charmworld team asking specifically what exactly is the "charm store".
Right now it's possible for anyone in ~charmers to push a branch that
has not been promulgated into the store to show up in the web UI, and
that's not ideal. Examples include "shelr.tv" and "ubuntu":
http://jujucharms.com/charms/precise/ubuntu

The team agreed this is something we need to fix and right around then
we ran out of time.

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.