The juju/go trunk has moved!

Kapil Thangavelu kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com
Thu Jun 7 11:36:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:03 AM, roger peppe <roger.peppe at canonical.com>wrote:

> On 6 June 2012 20:43, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com>
> wrote:
> > As previously mentioned, we've been moving the Go development
> > activities to a new project in Launchpad:
> >
> >    https://launchpad.net/juju-core
> >
> > As arranged over the whole day on IRC, the trunk for the Go port is
> > now at a new location:
> >
> >    launchpad.net/juju-core/juju
>
> Sorry, I wasn't there for the discussion, but could you briefly
> say why the import paths are "launchpad.net/juju-core/juju/foo" rather
> than "launchpad.net/juju-core/foo" ?
>
> The extra "juju" seems unnecessary (and other projects such
> as goamz and gozk don't have them)
>
> One other thing: i tried "bzr branch launchpad.net/juju-core/trunk"
> and got this error:
>
> bzr: ERROR: Permission denied: "Cannot create 'trunk'. Only Bazaar
> branches are allowed."
>
> Is this all because we don't want to define the Go port as "trunk" in
> juju-core?

bzr branch lp:juju-core

for an existing branch

bzr merge --remember lp:juju-core
or
bzr pull --remember lp:juju-core

you may have to adjust push locations in ~/.bazaar/locations.conf

re the lack of lp:juju-core/trunk... it looks like the series was named
'juju' instead, which is a little odd. i think we should go ahead and
rename that to 'trunk'.

cheers,

Kapil