juju for testing purposes

Marc Tardif marc.tardif at canonical.com
Thu Nov 24 18:10:54 UTC 2011

* Robert Collins <robert.collins at canonical.com> [2011-11-25 06:25 +1300]:
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 5:33 AM, Marc Tardif <marc.tardif at canonical.com> wrote:
> > Considering the asynchronous nature of juju, a message queue interface to
> > which I could subscribe seems to ring more true than a restful interface
> > that I would need to poll periodically. Not being particularly familiar
> > with the project, yet, would that make sense?
>
> I think that fits quite well. OTOH for your specific case you could
> POST straight back to the results-tracker/yourprojectname, assuming
> your test suite supports subunit.

The Results Tracker would be a feasible solution to the problem of getting
test results back from each instance, which happens to be an excellent
use case for the service. However, I was hoping for a solution that would
only depend on juju in order to lower the barrier to entry instead of
also realying on an external service. Perhaps this point is moot and
relying on the Results Tracker may actually be the right solution.

--
Marc Tardif <marc.tardif at canonical.com>
Freenode: cr3, Jabber: cr3 at jabber.org
1024D/72679CAD 09A9 D871 F7C4 A18F AC08 674D 2B73 740C 7267 9CAD