Uniter tests for update-status hook - BLOCKER

Nate Finch nate.finch at canonical.com
Mon Jul 20 18:12:21 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:57 AM roger peppe <rogpeppe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 July 2015 at 14:11, Martin Packman <martin.packman at canonical.com>
> wrote:
> > The logs are giant,
> > the actual failure lines tend to be non-informative with the real
> > cause several screens up in the log, multiple tests have basically the
> > same problems with common code...
>
> FWIW I often delete all lines containing the string "[LOG]" before
> looking at the output - it helps me to see the wood from the trees.

Also FWIW, this is why I wrote https://github.com/natefinch/nolog - it
filters out the spammy logging by default, and offers a few other niceties
(many that Horacio added). It's a go application, so just 'go get' it.

I know that doesn't help when reading CI output, but it is super handy when
reproducing a problem locally.  (Yes you could run some combination of
linux CLI invocations to do the same thing - this is easier).