Feature Request: show running relations in 'juju status'

Stuart Bishop stuart.bishop at canonical.com
Sat Nov 15 05:44:00 UTC 2014

On 14 November 2014 22:31, Mario Splivalo <mario.splivalo at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hello, good people!
>
> How hard would it be to implement 'showing running relations in juju
> status'?
>
> Currently there is no easy (if any) way of knowing the state of the
> deployment. When one does 'juju add-relation' the relation hooks are
> run, but there is no feedback on weather the hooks are still running or
> everything is done. Only in case there is a hook error you would see
> that one in 'juju status'. One can have logs tailed and assume that when
> there is no action for some amount of time - everything deployed as it
> should.
>
> Having juju status display number of running hooks would greatly help in
> troubleshooting deployments.

This has been my most wanted feature for well over a year, and at the
moment is covered by
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1254766. Unfortunately, I
don't think the work has been scheduled and I don't think the latest
round of updates to 'juju status' cover it.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop at canonical.com>