Port ranges - restricting opening and closing ranges

Mark Ramm-Christensen (Canonical.com) mark.ramm-christensen at canonical.com
Thu Jun 26 18:38:04 UTC 2014

My belief is that as long as the error messages are clear, and it is easy
to close 8000-9000 and then open 8000-8499 and 8600-9000, we are fine.
 Of course it is "nicer" if we can do that automatically for you, but I
don't see why we can't add that later, and I think there is a value in
keeping a port-range as an atomic data-object either way.

--Mark Ramm