meta use

William Reade william.reade at canonical.com
Fri Sep 6 12:24:03 UTC 2013

Hi Mike

Without some distinction between provider and requirer, there's no way to
tell which charms can reasonably be connected to one another. If a node.js
charm and a django charm both declare a postgres interface alone, it would
appear that they could be reasonably connected to one another... but that
doesn't make any sense. By making them both *require* postgres, and making
the postgresql charm *provide* it, it's immediately clear (both to humans
and to machines) that node<->postgresql makes sense, and
django<->postgresql makes sense, but node<->django doesn't.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers
William