Changing gocheck project and trunk owner

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Thu Feb 28 03:32:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Tim Penhey <tim.penhey at canonical.com> wrote:
>> gocheck was born as a personal project as one of my first contacts
>> with Go, before Canonical adopted it, and remained as such so far.
>> I've had branches very seldom, which is why I never put it under a
>> team. I'm definitely happy to have more maintainers, though.
>
> Well in order to have more maintainers you need a team.

As I said, there was no activity in this project to justify a team.
Having a team doesn't magically spawn new changes.

> So which should it be?  "juju hackers (juju)" ?

I'd create a new team, and put in the people that actually *need*
access. It's up to you guys to decide, though.

> I thought it may have been just that you didn't care that much for it
> any more, and the juju team could take ownership.  There are five
> outstanding merge proposals for this that haven't been either accepted
> or rejected, some of which seem to be in a mergeable state.  One in
> particular that helps with race conditions we see with the juju tests.

Huh!?  All of these have seen debate in the respective proposals and
on IRC, and the ones that are pending for the integration have been
acknowledged by me and discussed with the respective author, including
that last one you talk about.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net