Changing gocheck project and trunk owner

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Thu Feb 28 03:22:51 UTC 2013

On 28/02/13 16:05, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Tim Penhey <tim.penhey at canonical.com> wrote:
>> Given that gocheck is a core part of the unit test suite that is used
>> for juju-core, can we change the maintainer and trunk branch owners to
>> be a team please?
>
> gocheck was born as a personal project as one of my first contacts
> with Go, before Canonical adopted it, and remained as such so far.
> I've had branches very seldom, which is why I never put it under a
> team. I'm definitely happy to have more maintainers, though.

Well in order to have more maintainers you need a team.

>> I notice that juju-core has "juju hackers (juju)" as the maintainer, but
>> "The Go Language Gophers (gophers)" as the owner of lp:juju-core.

So which should it be?  "juju hackers (juju)" ?

> Yes, we should change that. This became a wildcard team with no goal.
>
>> I don't really mind which team becomes the maintainer and trunk owner,
>
> That is poor reasoning, though. No point in having a team just because.

I thought it may have been just that you didn't care that much for it
any more, and the juju team could take ownership.  There are five
outstanding merge proposals for this that haven't been either accepted
or rejected, some of which seem to be in a mergeable state.  One in
particular that helps with race conditions we see with the juju tests.

Cheers,
Tim