Gap analysis between python and go versions

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Thu Feb 14 01:28:16 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've asked around a bit and it seems we don't have a canonical (using
the original meaning of the word) document that lists the current gap
between the python version an the go version of juju.

I've created an outline to be filled in with those that have the
knowledge on the canonical.com google drive.  Google docs are used
extensively by most other teams I have been a part of providing good value.

https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/document/d/1dZCHKoJYBOpR38UkFjup1P5DxLPn6txkJCl3xxdfJ7M/edit?usp=sharing

As mentioned at the top of the document, this is intended to capture
just what needs to be done, what we have explicitly decided not to port,
and the bits that have been done.

The document is not a place to do time estimates or size estimates of
the work, but really just a high level tracking list.

Ideally this document will be a live document, meaning that as the items
are implemented, they get moved into the "Done" list.

Can I get some commitment from you all to help populate this document
and make it relevant?

I've also created a Juju folder which this document lives in, but no
real idea how this actually looks to other people.  Can you see it?

Cheers,
Tim