Quantal now supported

David Cheney david.cheney at canonical.com
Wed Nov 14 04:47:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

TL;DR - juju bootstrap works on quantal.

Today I updated builddb to produce a Quantal version of the mongo and uploaded it to the public bucket. The TL;DR is, if you are using Quantal, you can now do a juju bootstrap --upload-tools and it will work.

To make this work I had to make a number of changes. The first is to builddb itself, to use the current hosts' series and add a Quantal charm.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6853048

The next problem was a chicken and egg problem, without a Quantal mongo tool in the public bucket, builddb could not bootstrap and build a Quantal mongo. I worked around this by renaming the current Precise mongo tool and uploading it to the public bucket with the expected name. This allowed builddb produce a natively compiled Quantal mongo tool.

I tried uploading this tool as mongodb-2.2.0.1-quantal-amd64.tgz, but discovered that environs/cloudinit does not use any sort of best-tools logic, and the name is hard coded to mongodb-2.2.0-SERIES-ARCH.tgz. This was worked around by overwriting the previously uploaded version. I believe we should fix this as overwriting previously published versions is a no-no.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1078569

Cheers

Dave