Monday evening handover email:

Dave Cheney david.cheney at canonical.com
Mon Jun 18 11:03:07 UTC 2012

Howdy,

Very close to committing the next PA branch. There are two outstanding questions from last week which I would like to raise next time we have a team meeting.

* It might be time to talk about the role of the PA as the host of the firewall interface.

* Also the debate about what state.Info to pass via the PA to environs.StartInstance remains ongoing. At the moment the PA only knows one value; the one it was passed on the command line. If we need another value, where is it stored, and should it be changeable, and if so, what does that mean for existing instances that are already running ?

Out for review
* cmd/jujud: provisioner can now start and stop instances:https://codereview.appspot.com/6294066/ looking for a final LGTM from Gustavo.
* environs/dummy: add Instances: https://codereview.appspot.com/6305105/

In progress (actually just waiting on prereqs)
* cmd/jujud: provisioner shuts down unknown instances: https://codereview.appspot.com/6315043

Backlog
* cmd/jujud: add retry strategy: https://codereview.appspot.com/6295067/

Cheers